Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Season Is Set for Everything

Sometimes I am overcome with hubris and attempt to do things I probably should not. Below is my take on Ecclesiastes Chapter 3... which you have probably have heard as Pete Seeger's "Turn, Turn, Turn". Obviously I'm not Pete Seeger.

I wrote this on  a long, long Yom Kippur day after having attended a break-the-fast. It was officially the Eleventh Day of Tishri, 5768 [2007]. I suppose that some time I will repost a essay about that particular day... but not today.

You can find a passable Mp3 recording of the song HERE. It was recorded with an M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 and then edited and mastered in Sound Forge.

The lyrics can be found over on my writings blog "Falling Thru Reality" which is where this was originally was posted.

No comments: